The Business Support Group was established over sixteen years ago, originally to help fund the new building when the Hospice moved from its original Poolstock site to Hindley in 1997. Now with over sixty members, and with fundraising being more challenging than ever, the support of local businesses is vital in helping us continue and improve our service.
The Business Support Group was established over 17 years ago,
originally to help fund the new building when the Hospice moved
from Poolstock to its current location in Hindley in 1997. Now with
over sixty members, and with fundraising being more challenging
than ever, the support of local businesses is vital in helping us
to continue and improve our service.
With some of the most high-profile and well-known companies from across the borough, as well as small family firms, clubs and local societies, the Business Support Group has enabled us to develop and expand our services over the years. We now care for over 260 inpatients, carry out more than 2,500 community visits, deliver over 4,500 therapies and counselling sessions and host over 2,000 day hospice visits every year.
How could your business help?
• By becoming a member, your annual subscription of £300 will help us care for patients with a life-limiting illness, their families and carers.
There are other ways you might want to help:
• Name the Hospice as your Charity of the Year
• Help us to increase membership of our Hospice Lottery by encouraging staff or customers to join. You can find details here.
• Visit us for a day and help out in our gardens or in our warehouse. This is great for a team-building day and allows you to find out a little bit more about the Hospice. Contact the Volunteering Manager on 01942 525566 to find out more.
• Encourage your staff and customers to organise fundraising events and have fun while raising money for the Hospice. Our Fundraising Team will help you plan and arrange an event that suits your business.
• Sponsor or take part in one of the many events organised by the Hospice each year. In 2015 our line-up includes our Ball in May, the Manchester to Blackpool Bike Ride and water slide Ticket to Slide to name just a few. Sponsorship doesn't mean paying for the whole event, it could mean covering the cost of transport or catering or paying to advertise your business at the event, having your name printed on participants t-shirts
• Have a stall at our Garden Party in August or our Christmas Fayre in November to raise funds for the Hospice.
• Donate goods or services
We are happy to talk to any of our local businesses who would like to help. Additionally, you may be able to offset any donation against your tax liability. For more information on this, visit the HMRC website:
If you would like to discuss any of these ways of working with the Hospice, just speak to a member of our Fundraising Team on 01942 525566 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org