How you can help
Fundraising events are a vital part of our income, enabling us to continue to provide care and support services free of charge to patients, their families and carers.
In 2015 the net contribution made to Hospice funds by
Fundraising and Lottery was around £527,000!
There are a number of ways you can support the Hospice:
• Play our weekly lottery at just £1 per week
• Attend one of the fundraising events we hold throughout the year
• Hold your own fundraising event
• Make a donation by text, phone, cheque or at the Hospice
• Make a donation as a legacy or gift in a will
• Use one of our loose change boxes
There are countless ways in which you can help to raise money for the Hospice. Whether you're able to raise a few pounds or more your donation will go towards supporting local people with a life-limiting illness and their families and carers.
Key hospice events throughout the year
Wigan & Leigh Hospice organises around a dozen key fundraising events each year.
These events can often be the simplest way to help us raise money, since you're taking part in an event that is already organised, publicised and has a following.
Our key events include:
• Easter raffle - help needed to sell tickets
• Manchester to Blackpool Sponsored Bike Ride - 63 miles, but you'll receive great back- up from our Support Team
• Hospice Garden Party - we always need donations for prizes but otherwise just come along and soak up the atmosphere
• Lottery Bumper Draw - once a year our regular weekly Lottery is replaced by a Bumper Draw for a bigger prize. We always need help selling tickets so if you can spare the time, please contact our Fundraising Team.
You can find a full list of our fundraising activities in the events section of our website.
Organise your own event
We're always pleased to offer whatever support we are able with your own fundraising event. When you're planning an event, simply contact us for a chat if you need some support. We'll often arrange to meet and find out how we can help for example, with publicity, promoting the event on social media, providing banners or collection buckets. Wherever possible we always try to attend events organised for the benefit of the Hospice. Please give us a call or send an email and we'll do our best to be there. If you'd like to organise an event but aren't sure what to do, take a look at our fundraising ideas.
If your business is interested in supporting the Hospice either through volunteering or fundraising please call either Irene in Volunteering or the fundraising team on 01942 525566. More information is available in our Business Support Group section which includes details on how to join our Business Support Group.