You can't go to the gym, coffee shops, hairdressers, beauty salons or even the pub.
You can't spend it so send it!
- Take the £40 you would normally spend at the gym and use it to help patients on our Inpatient Unit.
- Take the £25 you would normally spend at the salon and use it to ensure our community nurses can carry on offering support to patients in their own homes
- Take the £10 you'd normally spend on a round at the pub and use it to provide a meal for a patient.
The impact of Coronavirus
Like all of you we are coming to terms with the impact of the global Coronavirus on our personal and working lives.
Here at the Hospice we have had to make some tough decisions, including limiting visitors to our Inpatient Unit, closing our wellbeing day service the Oak Centre and suspending all but the most essential counselling and bereavement services.
We also had to take the heart-breaking decision to close temporarily all 13 of our shops until further notice as well as suspend online sales.
We cannot continue to collect our door to door lottery subscriptions and we expect that we will not be able to carry out our usual fundraising events.
As a charity which receives less than a third of its income from Government this will have a devastating impact upon our finances.
This is why we are asking you for help.
It is needed now more than it ever has been in the 37 years we have been caring for the people of Wigan and Leigh.
We are determined to carry on supporting our patients and their loved ones. Our community nurses are still visiting patients across our Borough. Where our nurses cannot visit they are providing support and advice by both video consultation and over the telephone 24/7 to make sure the most vulnerable people in our towns get the hospice care they need.
Our inpatient unit remains open to ensure those patients at the end of life or with complex palliative needs can still access the care they require and deserve.
We know that these are hard times for many people and appreciate not everyone will be able to save. If you can, we would ask you to please consider lending your support.
Our staff continue to care in spite of the risk to their own physical health and their courage and dedication is nothing short of remarkable.
Support your hospice
Please help us now and together we will get through this.
Many of you have been getting in touch to ask how you can help.
This is how:
- Click on the Donate button below to support our Can’t Spend it? Send It! campaign
- Text SEND followed by the amount you wish to donate to 70450. Example: Text SEND 20 to donate £20. Texts cost donation plus a std rate msg. Max text donation £20.
- Commit to make a regular donation by joining our Daisy Chain. Simply click on the Donate button below and select 'Regular Giving'
You can also call us 01942 525566 to make your donation.
We are still here but we can’t do this on our own – YOU make this happen. Please continue to do so.