Complementary therapies can help:
- You deal with the treatment you are undergoing
- To reduce symptoms caused by your illness or treatment e.g. constipation, nausea, pain, side effects of chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- You to develop relevant coping strategies
- To relieve anxiety and reduce stress thus promoting relaxation and a feeling of wellbeing
- To enhance restful sleep and reduce insomnia
- To maintain and improve your body’s natural defence mechanisms
Accessing complementary therapies
Therapies can only be offered to hospice patients with specialist palliative needs and to those people close to our patients. This is on a needs-assessed basis.
Please speak to your hospice health or medical professional to establish if you would benefit from treatment and, if appropriate, they will be able to refer you.
This is a popular service and therefore you may have to wait a short while until you are invited to attend a consultation.
At your consultation a therapist will establish with you which treatments would meet your needs and arrange an appointment with you.