Wigan and Leigh Hospice is a registered charity with a huge task to raise over £3.5million every year.
Your donations are vital to ensuring patients and those closest to them receive the care and support they need.
How your donation helps
- £10 pays for meals for one of our inpatients for a day
- £36 pays for a complementary therapy session to help our patient relax and feel more comfortable
- £50 pays for a visit from a Hospice in your Home nurse to a patient in their own home
- £62 pays for a counselling session to help someone come to terms with their diagnosis or the diagnosis of their loved one
- £100 pays for a patient to receive a home visit from a Hospice Nurse Specialist
- £114 pays for an overnight stay at a patient's home
- £480 pays for one patient to be cared for on our inpatient unit for one day
- £7,769 pays for the entire average cost of an inpatient stay for one patient.
The growing ageing population means even more people need our care than ever. Demand for palliative care in the UK is expected to increase by over 40% within the next 25 years.
Read more about how your support helps us care for local people