- Please see our Shops Information page for opening times/days for all of our shops.
- Our vans are collecting furniture donations and our Bygone Times outlet is open 7 days a week.
- Our shops are accepting donations on Fridays only except Leigh Lord Street which will accept donations of furniture and electrical goods at any time during opening hours.
- It is worth calling our shops in advance if you would like to donate items as our volunteers are unable to accept items once the storage bays are full.
- Online sales are still going ahead. Please support the Hospice by browsing our sites at:
depop.com (clothes, shoes, accessories)
- Visit our bridal and occasions wear shop: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/hospicebridal
We would ask you politely not to leave donations of items outside our shops. Often these items become damaged if left outside and our volunteers are left with the job of disposing of them responsibly.
Thank you for your support and understanding at this challenging time.
Our shops sell a wide range of pre-owned goods including clothes, bric-a-brac, games, ornaments, furniture, electrical goods, books, mobile phones, CDs and vinyl.
We rely on the generosity of local people in donating items and buying goods from our shops.
We are always grateful for donations of goods which still have life in them and can be sold onto our customers to raise funds for the hospice.
We respectfully ask you not to donate items which are broken or so well-used that they cannot be sold. It costs the hospice money to dispose of these items responsibly and this is money which is much better spent on supporting our patients.
If you are unsure whether or not your item can be re-sold please ask one of our volunteers.
Collections of Furniture
Furniture collections are free and can be booked through our reception desk on 01942 525566. Please note we can only take furniture if it is in a saleable condition and meets UK safety standards. All upholstered goods must have a fire label attached.
We always welcome clothing donations. Even if the clothing is torn and old, we can recycle it and still benefit from a little extra income.
Unfortunately we cannot send a van for donations of clothing or small items alone. We will, however, collect these items if we are also collecting furniture.
We sell a variety of good quality electrical items, which we test for safety prior to sale including hairdryers, kettles, toasters, vacuum cleaners, lawnmowers, lamps, CD players and televisions.
Items we cannot accept
There are some items which unfortunately we cannot accept:
- Flammable items without a fire label
- Toys without a CE label
- Safety items (car seats, helmets, buoyancy items)
- Items we are unable to test/put together (Bunk Beds, cookers, dishwashers, dismantled items, gas appliances, washing machines)
- Anything broken, dirty, incomplete or unsafe
- Computers, videos, tapes, old televisions, printers
- Anything which has already been fitted (doors, carpets, windows etc)
- Personal appliances (shavers, foot spas etc) including electric blankets
- Gym equipment
- Knitting machines
For further information or to arrange a collection, please contact the hospice on 01942 525566, or contact your nearest shop.
For more information on volunteering see volunteer at our shops
If you would like to know more about our shops, donating to us or shop events, please contact the retail team on 01942 524207 or email@example.com
Donating ink cartridges
We are one of the registered charities on Recycle 4 Charity. If you would like to donate your unwanted cartridges to benefit the hospice please click the link to their website.
Follow us on Instagram wiganleighhospiceshops