THE hospice has launched its first Free Wills Month this November giving supporters a chance to have a will written free of charge.

Wigan and Leigh Hospice has teamed up with McHale Baker to offer the chance to have a standard will written or updated free of charge.

Sophie Cannon, Fundraising Manager for the hospice, said: “Making a will is one of the most important things you can do for your family and loved ones but so often people put it off, perhaps thinking it is just too complicated or they’ll sort it out later, when they’re less busy.

“If the time is right for you please contact us about making a will and, if you can, please remember the hospice in your will. All you need is our name and charity number and you can gift as little as 1% in your will leaving 99% for those closest to you – it all makes a difference.”

“We’re so grateful to McHale Baker who are giving up their time for free throughout November to offer this service.”

As a charity the hospice relies on donations including gifts in wills to ensure it can continue providing its vital care to over 1,200 local people every year.


How to book

To book your free standard will telephone Sophie on 01942 525566 or visit our Wills page.

Free wills will be offered on a first come, first served basis.

Wigan and Leigh Hospice’s charity number is 513400.